Preheat oven to 375. Arrange apples in greased square pan. 8x8x2 in. Combine the remaining ingredients and sprinkle generously over the top.
Bake about 30 minutes until apples are tender and topping is browned. makes about 6 servings.
1. Allow cheese to warm to room temperature. Stir in lavender alone or mix with other herbs to your taste. Return to fridge to harden.
2. Serve with crackers or specialty breads.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium size bowl. Cut butter in until mixture resembles a coarse meal. Add egg and sour cream and fold until just moistened. Turn out dough onto a floured board and gently knead about 4-5 times. Pat dough into 8 inch circle onto lightly greased baking sheet or pan. Brush with milk and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Cut circle into 8 wedges and separate slightly.
3. Bake about 15 minutes until lightly browned.
4. Serve warm or cool with jam or butter.
1. Blend lavender and sugar together and allow to sit for one to two weeks.
2. Run sugar through a sieve to remove buds.
3. Use in lieu of sugar in any recipe where you desire a hint of lavender.